Sixth grade students participate in 10 hands-on lessons which are aligned to the common core. Lessons have step-by-step instructions and are designed to fit into a 45 minute period. As shown in this sample lesson, each lesson includes:
- Instructions for lesson preparation
- Vocabulary words
- Guiding questions and concepts
- Lesson goals
- Rational and purpose
- Additional enrichment activities.
A PowerPoint presentation is provided to walk teachers and students through the lesson.
The lessons provide learning experiences and tips on how students can put the 5 PHS goals into practice in their daily lives.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Choose less sugary food and beverages
- Eat less fast and fatty food
- Be active every day
- Spend less time in front of a screen