Start PHS in Your School
Apply by June 17 to be considered for fall 2016!
Evidence is mounting that kids who eat well and are active do better in school. Would you like to create an environment at your school that supports and encourages healthy eating and physical activity? Could your students benefit from learning how to make healthy choices?
A partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services called Building Healthy Communities: Engaging middle schools through Project Healthy Schools provides an opportunity for middle schools to participate in the program while building an environment for long-term sustainability.We are now accepting applications for up to eight more schools to start the program in fall 2016.
Find out more
- See list of 2015-2016 schools
- Program Description (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Sample Lesson
Important Dates in 2016
- June 17 - Application deadline 5 p.m.
- June 17 to June 30 - Principal and wellness champion phone interviews
- July 30 - School awards announced
- Fall 2016 - Program implementation begins
How to Apply
The application may be hand-written or completed electronically. Submit the application either by:
- Scanning and emailing it to ProjectHealthySchools@umich.edu
- Mailing it to:
University of Michigan
Project Healthy Schools
2060 Wolverine Tower
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Application must be turned in by 5 p.m. on June 17, 2016
For questions, please email ProjectHealthySchools@umich.edu or call Program Manager, Jean DuRussel-Weston at 734-764-0290.