Start PHS in Your School
Evidence is mounting that kids who eat well and are active do better in school. Would you like to create an environment at your school that supports and encourages healthy eating and physical activity? Could your students benefit from learning how to make healthy choices?
A partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Michigan Department of Community Health called Building Healthy Communities: Engaging middle schools through Project Healthy Schoolsprovides an opportunity for middle schools to participate in the program while building an environment for long-term sustainability. Funding from the Michigan Department of Community Health has made it possible for five additional middle schools to apply for the program during the 2014-2015 school year.
Find out more
- See list of 2013-2014 schools
- Program Description (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Sample Lesson
Important Dates in 2014
- August 5 & 12 - Informational conference calls at 1 to 2 p.m. (dial: 1-800-462-5837, enter access code: 210301)
- August 20 - Application deadline 5 p.m.
- September 3 - School awards announced
- November 7 - Mandatory half-day program orientation
How to Apply
The application may be hand-written or completed electronically. Submit the application either by:
- Scanning and emailing it to Jean DuRussel-Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing it to:
University of Michigan - Project Healthy Schools
2060 Wolverine Tower
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1281
Applications must be turned in by 5 p.m. on August 20, 2014.
For questions, please contact program manager Jean DuRussel-Weston at 1-734-764-0290 or email@example.com