Start PHS in Your School
Apply by April 14 to be considered for fall 2017
Evidence is mounting that kids who eat well and are active do better in school. Would you like to create an environment at your school that supports and encourages healthy eating and physical activity? Could your students benefit from learning how to make healthy choices?
A partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services called Building Healthy Communities: Engaging middle schools through Project Healthy Schools provides an opportunity for middle schools to participate in the program while building an environment for long-term sustainability. We are now accepting applications for schools to start the program in fall 2017.
Find out more
- See list of 2016-2017 schools
- Program Description (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Sample Lesson
Important Dates in 2017
- April 14 - Application deadline is at 5 p.m.
- April 24 to May 25 - Mandatory principal and wellness champion phone interview or school visit
- June 12 - School awards announced
- Fall 2017 - Program implementation begins
How to Apply
The application may be hand-written or completed electronically. Submit the application either by:
- Completing the fillable pdf application form and emailing it to ProjectHealthySchools@umich.edu
- Printing and scanning your completed application form and emailing it to ProjectHealthySchools@umich.edu
- Mailing your completed application form to:
University of Michigan
Project Healthy Schools
2060 Wolverine Tower
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
For questions, please email ProjectHealthySchools@umich.edu or call Program Manager, Jean DuRussel-Weston at 734-764-0290.