Start PHS in Your School
Evidence is mounting that kids who eat well and are active do better in school. Would you like to create an environment at your school that supports and encourages healthy eating and physical activity? Could your students benefit from learning how to make healthy choices?
We will be adding eight more middle schools in Fall 2014 through a partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan called Building Healthy Communities: Engaging middle schools through Project Healthy Schools.
This program might be a good fit for your school. Find out more:
- See list of 2013-2014 schools
- Program Description (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Sample Lesson
Important Dates in 2014
- February 12 - Informational conference calls at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- March 14 - Application deadline 5 p.m.
- April 30 - School awards announced
- August 19 - Mandatory program orientation
- September 2 - Implementation begins
How to Apply
The application may be hand-written or completed electronically but you must print it to include signatures (page 7). Once you have done this, you can submit the application, a copy of your district's wellness policy and optional letters of support either by:
- Scanning and emailing it to Jean DuRussel-Weston (email@example.com)
- Mailing it to:
University of Michigan - Project Healthy Schools
2060 Wolverine Tower
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Applications must be turned in by 5 p.m. on March 14, 2014.
For questions, please contact program manager Jean DuRussel-Weston at 1-734-764-0290 or firstname.lastname@example.org