Our Sponsors and Donors
In addition to the ongoing support received from the University of Michigan Health System, we are grateful to our sponsors and donors who have supported us in this journey to provide a healthier future for our children. Over the past couple of years, we received substantial grants and private donations from some of the following foundations:
- The D. Dan and Betty Kahn Foundation graciously and very generously provided a gift to cover a portion of PHS' general program costs over the next three years.
- The Wetsman Foundation provided a generous gift to fund the development and implementation of the Science of Wellness, a program designed to extend PHS’ health risk reduction work to the high school level.
- Memorial Health Care Foundation granted PHS partner, Memorial FIT Kids a gift to continue the PHS program in 10 schools in the Memorial Health Care's region:
- Byron Middle School (Byron, MI)
- Chesaning Middle School (Chesaning, MI)
- Corunna Middle School (Corunna, MI)
- Durand Area Middle School (Durand, MI)
- E.E. Knight Elementary School (Ovid-Elsie, MI)
- Laingsburg Middle School (Laingsburg, MI)
- Morrice Elementary School (Morrice, MI)
- Owosso Middle School (Owosso, MI)
- Perry Middle School (Perry, MI)
- St. Paul Catholic School (Owosso, MI)
- The American Heart Association provided a Community Action Grant that supported school gardens and a Farm to School program at two Detroit schools.
- The Bob and Ellen Thompson Foundation's phenomenal support has allowed PHS to expand the program into three Detroit Charter Schoolsand provide fresh produce and additional after school physical activity at these schools:
- University Prep Academy (Detroit, MI)
- University Prep Science and Math Academy (Detroit, MI)
- Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies (Detroit, MI)
- The DeRoy Testamentary Foundation’s generous gift will help grow and maintain the PHS program in Southeastern Michigan.
- The Marvin and Betty Danto Family Foundation made a donation to support the PHS’ general program.
In addition to the support we have received from the many foundations and corporations listed above, we are also grateful to the many individual donors who have contributed to PHS over the years. The generosity of our donors enables us to continue the battle against childhood obesity and insures that our research efforts will be shared with others for replication in communities across Michigan and the US.