Our Sponsors and Donors
In addition to the ongoing support received from Michigan Medicine (formerly called the University of Michigan Health System), we are grateful to our sponsors and donors who have supported us in this journey to provide a healthier future for our children. Below is a list of some of the foundations who have supported Project Healthy Schools with substantial grants and private donations:
- The D. Dan and Betty Kahn Foundation graciously and very generously provided a gift to cover a portion of PHS' general program costs from 2013 through 2016.
- The Bob and Ellen Thompson Foundation provided generous gifts to support the PHS program in three Detroit charter schools: University Prep Academy, University Prep Science and Math Academy and the Henry Ford Academy.
- Memorial Health Care Foundation granted PHS partner, Memorial FIT Kids gifts to continue the PHS program in 10 schools in the Memorial Health Care's region:
- Byron Middle School (Byron, MI)
- Chesaning Middle School (Chesaning, MI)
- Corunna Middle School (Corunna, MI)
- Durand Area Middle School (Durand, MI)
- E.E. Knight Elementary School (Ovid-Elsie, MI)
- Laingsburg Middle School (Laingsburg, MI)
- Morrice Elementary School (Morrice, MI)
- Owosso Middle School (Owosso, MI)
- Perry Middle School (Perry, MI)
- St. Paul Catholic School (Owosso, MI)
- The American Heart Association provided a Community Innovation Grant to support PHS-led health and wellness education offered as part of the Ann Arbor YMCA's Ypsilanti Day Camp.
- The DeRoy Testamentary Foundation made a generous gift to help grow and maintain the PHS program in Southeastern Michigan.
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation with funding from the General Mills Foundation awarded PHS a Champions for Healthy Kids grant to support the program in four Ypsilanti-area schools.
- The Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan in partnership with The Detroit Medical Center Foundation provided a generous gift to support the program in four Detroit Schools.
- The Superior Health Foundation provided a grant to help support the program in two schools in the Upper Peninsula.
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan provided a grant to help support the program in seven schools in Washtenaw County.
In addition to the support we have received from the many foundations and corporations listed above, we are also grateful to the many individual donors who have contributed to PHS over the years. The generosity of our donors enables us to continue the battle against childhood obesity and insures that our research efforts will be shared with others for replication in communities across Michigan and beyond.