Fall 2011 Update
- Tyrone completed the PHS 10 lessons at the end of January
- We had a great response from the students
- The Food Service Director, Brian Corbett, organized a Junior Chef Day, where selected students sat down with lunch staff and health professionals to design a healthy lunch.
- The students then served the lunch and handed out free samples of spinach, strawberries and watermelon, which was enjoyed by all! It was a big success for Tyrone!
Wellness Team Updates
- Harper Woods received an S3 Grant so we are currently working with the Safe & Supportive School Director, Sonja Hall, to help in any way we can.
- There was a health fair during Parent-Teacher conferences and a student council is being created.
Planning has started for the June 8 Tyrone field day.
If you are a Tyrone parent, student or staff member and would like to be part of this group to make a difference in the healthy school environment at ROMS, please contact Emily Hippler at Emily.Hippler@beaumont.edu